Tuesday, 16 February 2010

Yup that was a shriek of utter disbelief

'cause we just heard this morning that our municipal appeal hearing is set for April 13th. And apparently there is a waiting period of several weeks after the committee makes its decision for the decision to become final and work be permitted to start. Which means we won't have the final word on our renovation project until mid or late May! Incredible, since we started submitting paperwork to the city in early December and we received "yeses" from the two neighborhood committees in mid-January. Four months to move from that to "go"????!?!?!?! Grrr!

We're talking about ponying up our own money (the bank won't cover it) and starting work on a speculative basis, which means that if permission isn't granted in mid-April, we have to tear everything down.

No comments:

Post a Comment