Sunday 26 June 2011

Travertine tile on the headhouse floor

Here's what the floor in the headhouse looked like late last week:



And here's what it looked like on Friday:







I'm a big fan of the travertine we chose - suitably rustic.  I even think the color works well with the wall paint color, though I actually forgot to give the flooring thought when painting the walls.  I can't wait to see what the room looks like with the light fixtures in too.  I'm nervous about the color of the thicker travertine stone I bought for the adjacent (outdoor patio).  I think it's going to be too light since it's more of an ivory/cream.  I wonder if it can be stained or etched to make it look darker.  Maybe we just need make sure it's dirty all the time?  Only semi-kidding.  Anyone have any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment