Tuesday 17 July 2012

Upholstery Before and After: Loveseat

The freshly reupholstered loveseat for our sunroom arrived late last week.  I thought I'd share the before and afters. 

I loved the previous (faded) color of the fabric but it was ultra ratty and silk isn't at its best in a room that gets hot.  Also, the loose seat cushion was a disaster: a poorly-constructed mash-up of foam and feathers that always felt rigid and lumpy.  Plus the seams that created the diamond pattern in the cushion fabric weren't very comfortable to sit on.  This time 'round I wanted something playful and vibrant that would feel cool (or at least not sticky) against the skin. 

The Before:


The After:





The patterned fabric is a Nina Campbell cotton with a certain roughness to the texture.  I really like the scale and the watercolor aspect of the design.  Unfortunately I didn't have enough of that fabric to do the whole loveseat, so I picked out a solid yellow linen to contrast with it.  I like that the pattern contrasts with the blues and grays that are already in the room.  Next up will be shades for the windows, but I want to live with this a bit first.

No comments:

Post a Comment