Thursday, 17 November 2011
Our first fire
We had our first fire in the fireplace last night. We'd been waiting for some black firebox paint I ordered over the internet. Our poor painter was nearly asphixiated by the fumes, but he returned the next day with a respirator mask and did a great job. We're still discussing the idea of staining the mantel (it was the above yellowish color when we got it from the architectural salvage place). And of course, we need to find a couple of cozy armchairs to angle in front of the fireplace, perhaps with that round pedestal West Elm table between 'em.