Tuesday 28 June 2011

The tenants' doors are installed




That's Unit 1's door, seen from the inside.  I love the look of the old wood in contrast to the newness of everything else in the space.  Originally, I'd planned to paint the doors, but now I think I'd like to try to leave them unpainted and just protect them with a coat of poly or something.  The doors do need a little remedial work if that's to be done, though.  Hopefully the patching can happen while they're on their hinges.

Don't you just love the trim and this first look at the rosettes, too? Many of the other rosettes are up in different parts of the building, but our contractor only counted the windows (forgetting that the doors need rosettes too) so I have to go back to the plaster guy and ask him to make us a ton more.  Totally worth it for the prettiness, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment